Chewing gum is a chewing candy which has a characteristic that can be made to develop bubbles. Variegated in colour and has a particular taste. Usually chewing gum are sticky and when bubbles mansion up to a certain limit, then the bubble will burst and about face. It happens because the gum chewing sweets more viscous than any other. But there is also a brand of Hubba Bubba bubble gum like that is not sticky and tend to be favored children. chewing gum is a product of snacks which is basically made of natural or synthetic rubber latex which is known by the name poliisobutilen. Chewing gum is available in a variety of flavors such as mint, wintergreen, cinnamon, and fruits.
Chewing gum has been around since the days of our ancestors. This is evident from the results of archaeological excavations that experts found traces of the bite on any object that can be chewed on by our ancestors. Humans do have the ability to chew. The Yucatán Peninsula natives in Mexico is the one who first chewed gum. rubber they chew gum at that time was without a sense, cikili sapodilla tree white sap that is heated and hardened. This custom later extended into the United States.
Bubble gum wrapped first introduced in 1848. Chewing gum is made from the sap of a spruce, something like being bitten by native Americans since centuries ago. John Curtis and her sister to cultivate this gum and call it State of Maine Pure Spruce Gum. Although it tastes bitter, but nonetheless successful because the price is very cheap. Curtis then gives a sense of paraffin.
Later, in 1860, Thomas Adams, a man, fix the sap of plants cikili and add levels of meekness, and sells chewing gum consists of small rounded sugar. After that, he sold Ciklet Adams: chewing gum flat coated in sugar.
For all, the manufacture of chewing gum is increasingly growing. Adams also began to use the machine for producing large quantities of chewing gum. In 1871, Thomas Adams received patents for producing machine makers of chewing gum. In the 1890s, William Wrigley Jr. reacts with the invention of the first, Wrigley Juice Fruit and Spearmint and first launched in 1893. In 1906, Frank Fleer invented bubblegum, even though chewing gum is still very wet and easily out of your mouth for granted when chewed. In 1928, the accountant of the company, Walter Diemers continue to renew prescriptions and finally found the right recipe.
Chewing gum has many different varieties, including:
- Gum balls, the usual round of chewing gum sold in gum ball machines and consists of a variety of colors.
- Bubblegum, chewing gum that has unique characteristics that can be blown.
- Sugarfree gum, chewing gum made from artificial sweeteners.
- Candy & Gum Combination, combination of a conventional candy with a gum.
- Functional gum, the gum that has a specific function, such as Nicogum which helps overcoming addiction smoker and Vibe Energy Gum containing caffeine, ginseng, and green tea.
Benefits of gum chewing are:
- Freshen bad breath, especially for those who like to consume the food flavorful hard like onion and garlic. Chewing gum is very effective to neutralize the smell.
- Chewing gum can stick tightly, so that it can clean up the leftovers on the surface of the tooth. Often chew it can increase production of saliva that can clean the cavity of the mouth and teeth with the better, so that the risk of the formation of dental plaque-plaques can be reduced.
- When chewing gum, cavity mouth repeatedly perform this bite, smooth flow of blood in the face, and also trains the muscles to chew and bite. Research results an expert from the Americas, gum chewing for 15 minutes every day can be beneficial to your beauty.
Loss of gum chewing, among others:
- At the time of chew gum, sugar stays in the mouth cavity for a long time, then the bacteria in the cavity of the mouth will revamp the sugar into acids that will break down the calcium teeth (dental email) so as to cause damage to the teeth. Experts recommend that selects bubblegum xylitol instead of sugar, because xylitol has flavor and nutritional value similar to sugar, but cannot be fermented into acid so it is safe for teeth.
- The results of research in Switzerland shows, frequent gum chewing can damage teeth fillings material. Therefore, for someone who uses dental fillings with mercury shouldn’t chew gum. Due to gum chewing can unravel mercury compounds, which can increase the amount of moisture content of mercury in the blood and water bladder. Overload may be a negative effect on the brain, the arrangement of the central nervous and kidney.
- Children who chew gum for a long time, are likely to have a habit of grit your teeth while sleeping because the muscles of the mouth in a State of tense, so that it can affect the quality of their sleep. Experts recommend that children do not chew gum for more than 3-4 times a day and does not exceed 10-15 minutes.
- Often chew gum for teenagers may be at risk of having a square face shape, because the jaw muscles may be too well trained so that its growth is very fast.
Source: Sepenggal Sejarah at Trans TV, episode Saturday 24 March 2012